Thursday, April 28, 2011

Oh, hey.

First post, woo! What's up, Bloggies?

Anyway, I'm fairly certain no one is following my blog yet, but if anyone reads this in the future, I apologize for this, but this post might be kind of sad. I really feel like I need to get this out somewhere, though.

A little less than a week ago, my cat, Ginger, died. She was only five years old- still really young for a cat, so it was completely unexpected. Then, a few days later, my rabbit, Maisy, died as well. That wasn't unexpected at all- she had been looking sickly for quite a while prior to this.

Now, I'm not entirely sure how other people would have reacted in a situation like this, but I was devastated. I suppose for some people, pets are just that: pets. But to me, it was like losing two of my best friends. I don't get out much, at all. I don't have a lot of friends outside of the internet that I can physically hang out with, so I spend a lot of time just with my pets. It really sucks to have to lose two of your best friends in less than a week. It just doesn't seem fair, but hey, life's not fair, right?

I'm handling it a little better, now, and I'm sure I'll be much better soon, but part of me doesn't want to be. Part of me feels like I don't deserve to go back to how I was (not that how I was is much better than how I am now). I feel like it's a bad thing to get over things like that, even though I know that it's perfectly normal. It will be a distant, stinging memory, instead of a constant, dull pain. It won't effect me much anymore. I don't feel like I should get to that point, but I know I will. I tend to create conflict with myself a lot.

Alrighty, I'm pretty hungry, so I'm going to wrap this up. If anyone is reading this, thank you.

- Kaye

No comments:

Post a Comment